Pertinent information for this race. Read carefully!
Here is information regarding our final event of the season, THE PURE “250” – UTV #6 – OCTOBER 22, 2016.
Happy to tell you that our recent event turned out to be terrific and very fast. Good job of driving by all of you!
It was a fast course, perhaps too fast for my liking, but everyone did a marvelous job of making sure of avoiding possible cross traffic.
But now we have the final event of the series and I can’t think of a better way to put a cap on 2016, than by providing you with a challenging, tough, technical terrain that will test your skills, and a course that will keep you working for 250.2 miles!
You will earn DOUBLE POINTS, to be sure, but I think it’s only fair that you will need to work a little bit harder to get to the finish and earn those points.
Attached you will find the FLYER, ENTRY FORM and PROPOSED RACECOURSE for our next event. Please note that you are only five miles away from the Start/Finish at any one time. Easy to access the course.
Notwithstanding the above, we were a bit disappointed to get only 20 entries at this last race, but we’ve learned than when you get towards the end of the points season, only those in contention, will be there. Others are not necessarily as keen to make the event. “I’ll wait until next year,” is what most say.
So we know we have to come up with something to entice many of you who may be sitting out the rest of the season and perhaps wait until 2017 to start again.
Fortunately, there are also quite a few teams who are just getting into the sport and have visited us to see what’s happening. Two racers in particular, recently commented about all the help and good advice they received from racers. “Those are great people,” one of them said. We know, we said.
As a result, we believe that the following structure we have put together for this particular race may entice many of you to come back to racing with us or at least begin your quest early.
Therefore, here is what we are offering and posting for the next race:
- Signups for the PURE “250” – October 22, will open September 22 @ 11 a.m.
- Instead of waiting until the last moment to assign starting positions, we will begin assigning starting times by e-mail date and time and/or post-mark, on a daily basis until entries close. Basically first-come-first-serve basis.
- In other words, when we send you confirmation you will already know your starting order.
- Next season we may have to go up $50 for the basic entry fee. So we want to do something about it at each race to ameliorate the extra costs.
- We are also giving all entries ONE FREE EVENT T-SHIRT, IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP AT LEAST 10 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT!
- To make it even more enticing, during the “Driver’s meeting” for the October 22nd race, we will give away Two (2) $250.00 gift certificates that you can apply towards the first event in 2017. YOU MUST BE SIGNED UP FOR THE PURE “250” TO RECEIVE THEM.
- Now for the big announcement: All those who participate in this “Double Points” race will receive 30% of the points earned, which you can carry over for the 2017 Series as “Bonus Points.” That means that you will start 2017 already with some points towards next year’s Points Championships.
- HERE IS EVEN BIGGER NEWS: Some of you know this but many of you do not realize that you can earn almost as much money in the Pro Divisions by racing with us than you would by racing in BITD or SCORE or some of the other organizations. You do not have to spend thousands of dollars on entry fees to get BACK the $$$ you get in the Pro Purse from us. Remember, at least $200.00 out of every Pro entry goes back to the Pro Purse, without having to spend thousands!!!
- We are currently negotiating with a Television Production company that will film all our events in 2017 and produce at least 14-Half Hour TV shows for National distribution. We hope to have them at our final race of this season so that they can explain it better. This is not only great for us but it will also be terrific for your team when seeking “sponsorships.”
- As a result we are increasing our series to seven (7) events in 2017.
- The 2017 dates will be announced shortly, once we have cleared them with several organizations.
- Many in the sport consider our series as a great “feeder” series. And we don’t mind that. But we also wish to establish the PURE UTV OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES as the premier desert series in the sport, exclusively for UTVs. We knew that we would get hit hard by eliminating all the other off-road classes we used to offer, but we believe that we are in the cusp of the most successful class in off-road racing. So we are sticking with it. Things are happening for next year that I think we will finally begin to break through for us.
- We are delighted to announce, for example the PRP Seats are a new sponsor for 2017 and as such they will also be the “title” sponsor for our first race in 2017. We appreciate the Wedeking family and racers.
As you can see we are excited about our next race, which is going to be quite a challenge. You will have earned your double points. We are also excited about our seven-event series for 2017. As we said, the dates will be out shortly.
Thank you all and see you October 22nd. Check it out. The race will start at 11 a.m. this time.
Lois and Lou Peralta