LATEST NEWS & INFO
CALIFORNIA CITY - CA - JULY 23, 2014
The PURE “225” course will be new to most of you. Those of you who have been racing with us for a while will recognize certain parts of it but they have not been used for a while. There are a couple of washes that have not been used at all. Therefore, I think you’re going to have a terrific time with this semi-new course.
It will be fast, so gear up. No major hills or climbs, however, with speed comes danger.
As a result we want to caution everyone to be extremely careful, since there will be some people still out in the desert, even though we will be starting an hour later this time.
This time, you don’t have to come on Friday to pre-run and stay all day on Saturday before the start of the race.
Friday is still open from 12 Noon until Midnight to pre-run the course. Those of you who would like to camp out CAN do so on Friday, you are welcome.
For those of you who are coming on Saturday only, here is the schedule:
THURSDAY, AUGUST 7 – 6 p.m. – Entries close in order to be included in the drawing for starting positions, by Cass. Entries received after 6 p.m. on Thursday evening will automatically be put at the end of their respective classes. Late entries go to the end of the starting order.
7 p.m. We will draw for starting positions.
8 p.m. we will try to post the starting order on our website and mail to each paid entry the order and the “kml” Google Earth file
FRIDAY, AUGUST 8 – NOON to Midnight – Pre-running all day. No pre-registration, not checking in, unless we announce it at the last minute. Not anticipated at this time.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, RACE DAY –
7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Official Pre-running – You must be already entered to pre-run the event. No refunds to anyone who breaks and cannot compete
2 p.m. Check-in and “Late” Registration opens – All participants must be members of FUTVI
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – TECH Opens. All vehicles must be tech’ed before they can start the event
5 p.m. – AWARDS from previous race (P200) and Drivers Meeting (mandatory) follows
5:30 P.M. – TRACKING UNITS WILL BE ISSUED - $35 per entry for this event
6:15 p.m. – START STAGING YOUR VEHICLE ACCORDING TO STARTING ORDER
6:30 p.m. ALL vehicles must be staged according to starting order. Driver/Navigator do not need to be in the vehicle once it has been staged and locked into position.
7 p.m. – Start of the event – One car every 30 seconds. You miss staging you will be put in the back of the line entire line
THE PURE “225” EVENT – CONSISTS OF SIX (6) - 38-PLUS MI LAPS. First team to complete all six laps, the Checkered flag is displayed and everyone else must finish the lap they are in and get the Checkered flag as well, no matter how many laps have been completed less than six (6).
FINISHER PLATES/PINS will be handed to driver who crosses the finish line.
If you DO NOT complete the first lap, you will get “starting points” only which are 30 pts.
If you complete at least one lap then you will be given points according to your finishing position in Class.
NO SHOWS do not get points
We will get into more details regarding the course and any other matters that may come up at the Driver’s Meeting. It’s imperative that all drivers/navigators attend.
We will have additional “Course Monitors” around the course. However, if you know of someone who has a 4WD vehicle, has a radio and/or cell and would like to be part of our eyes and ears along the course, please have them get in touch with us. I can be reached at: 661.524.1550 or better yet, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get them signed up.
Good luck and send your entry in early. Be sure to include your t-shirt size as each entry receives a free event t-shirt if you send it in before the drawing occurs. Additional t-shirts when ordered with entry form are $10 each. Regular t-shirt price for this event is $15.00.
We look forward to seeing many of you. We also have at least four new entries who are first-timers. Let’s all welcome them. One in particular has no one to help him but wants to race. I assured him that we have a great bunch of people and I’m sure some of you will help.
Thank you and see you in a couple of weeks.
Go to: www.averacing.com for entry forms and FUTVI application forms for each participant if you do not have your membership card.
All you need to know that the PURE "225" is going to be a totally different race, different course, different area, but it's going to be a barn-burner.
We are designing a course that you are going to have quite a few challenges but it will not tear your equipment or your body up...
Here are some of the details:
- We're using a 38-mile course that we have not used in a long time. I know, we say that all the time but so far, we have not repeated a single racecourse in almost two years except the start/finish areas, which are out of the Ranch.
- This course will be fast but with a lot of "gotchas," sand washes, rocky stuff and just fun driving.
- We are also accommodating a few people who can't come out on Friday, our normal pre-run day.
- We are still going to have pre-running on Friday from Noon until Midnight.
- However, on Saturday, race day, we will make pre-running available from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. THAT'S IT! NO MORE AFTER THAT!
- Everyone who pre-runs must be paid in full.
- You break during your Saturday pre-run; there is no refunding of your entry fee! Period!
- On Saturday, at 2 p.m. we will open for Registration, Check-in.
- Late entries (race day) pay an added $100.00 NO EXCEPTIONS!
- From 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. Tech Inspection opens.
- PURE "200" Awards at 5:30 p.m. followed by the Mandatory Driver's Meeting! We will take roll call to make sure everyone makes the meeting!
- At 6:15 p.m. "Staging" begins. You must be ready "stage" then according to the starting position you were drawn or you'll be sent to the back!!!
- RACE STARTS AT 7 P.M. this time and you have six (6) Laps to complete the race!
- First racer that completes all six (6) laps, then all other racers on the course must complete the lap they are on and the Checkered flag will come out, signaling the end of the race.
- In order to be scored, every vehicle must go through the "scoring chute" otherwise you will NOT be scored.
- We estimate that you may need from five to six hour to complete the six laps.