WOW WE GOT US A HUM-
Dear Racers and Friends/Supporters.
They say that “Necessity is the Mother of Invention.” We have been somewhat forced to do something about our race courses and as such, we needed to make some modifications.
NO PROBLEMA! -- I’m delighted to tell you that we have come up with one of the best 43.2-mile courses we’ve ever laid out. It has
everything in short spurts, except a section that is going to be very fast for the first two laps and then it will start decaying. But we think this course is really exciting, unique, fun,
challenging and when you are done, you’re going to know you’ve been in a race! We have placed race notes on the map just to give you a heads-up. We want to rate the course as a 6.9 (10 being a
freeway), but I’ve got a feeling that after the second lap, it may be down to maybe 5.2. Just saying.
We have made comments in the course map so when you pre-run you’ll be able to see what we mean, as well as, have the route in your GPS, as we will be able to share with you our Google Earth .kml
But here are a few matters you need to know:
- Only racers who have signed up for the event will be able to obtain the map and the .kml file.
- You have until Thursday, April 3, at 6 p.m. to enter the event and pay the regular entry fee.
After that you will have to pay a late fee.
- Pre-running will start at Noon on Friday, April 4 until Midnight. We will be there to provide you with the course map and “kml”
file. You will need to convert the .kml file to the type of file you need for your GPS. We do not have the mini-chip.
- However, to avoid having to wait or having to chase one of us down, while we are putting the finishing touches on the course or the start/finish area, anyone who has already signed up, can e-mail
us your request for the course map and “kml” file on Thursday after 6 p.m. (that’s when regular entries close). We will then be able to e-mail you back the information and you’ll be ready to pre-run
- Every vehicle in competition gets one parking spot inside the “Hot Pits” area. The ‘Hot Pits” are next to the course and around the horseshoe-type layout. If you have additional vehicles, please
park them behind the main pit vehicle so that everyone gets a spot.
- Around RM26 we have designated that area as the “Mid-Way” pits in the event you wish to send someone there. Access to that spot is noted on the course map. That is the
ONLY place you may dispense fuel for your race vehicle and NO OTHER PLACE,
- We will have PCI Race Relay radio communications atop Madison Hill, which will cover the entire course, except for a couple of small spots. Official Race frequency is 151.625 MHz (The Weatherman Channel).
- We will also have our cells telephones on and you can reach us at: 661.524.1550 or 1554. If there are other numbers, we will provide these during the racer’s meeting on Saturday
- PCI will be setting up their spot Friday, midday in the Vendor’s area. They will be open for anyone wishing to fine tune their radio or GPS.
- PCI will also be hosting a BBQ around 7 p.m. and everyone is invited.
- All communications during the race will go through PCI through a protocol system, which will be explained during the racer’s meeting.
- TRI-STAR Medical will set-up at various spots along the course to offer immediate responsose in the event of an incident or accident. Please remain with your vehicle at all
times. The emergency vehicle(s) take presidence above all other vehicles on the course. It may be necessary for a racer to come to a complete stop should our Medical Response Team deem it necessary.
They always have the rtight-a-way!
- Remember, “chase vehicles” must also adhere to these protocols.
- No one is allowed to access the course without first getting approval from an AVE Race Official or through PCI.
- As always, Rugged Radio will also be there to lend assistance with your Rugged Radio systems, pre- and during the event.
- CONTINGENCY and TECH will take place Saturday, from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. No vehicle or race will be allowed to start without that proper documentation and wrist band.
- Check-in and “late” registration will open at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 5 and close at 10 a.m. Don’t wait until the last minute please.
- Mandatory Racer’s meeting will start at 10 a.m. It will be brief so be ready to ask any final questions you might have.
- The race will start at exactly 11 a.m.
- We will start one car every 15 seconds!
- We will line up cars that have already signed up for this event, according to the Overall position you finished at our first event.
If you have not signed up by Thursday at 6 p.m., you will then be put in with the rest of the people who did not participate in our
first event, and your number will be drawn accordingly.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You will be informed as to when to “stage” for the start. We will have a list. Failure to “stage” at the proper time will relegate you to the end of the line,
however, your starting time will remain in the position you should have started. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The official race is four (4) laps. The first vehicle to complete four laps will get the Checkered flag and every vehicle thereafter, will also get the Checkered flag, no matter how many laps you
may have completed.
- We will be using IRC’supdated tracking system that should be able to be tracked through the internet during the race. Everyone MUST have one in their vehicle.
- o It’s very important that the IRC tracker
is fastened inside your vehicle. We will help with that. However, it is your responsibility to make sure you don’t lose it.
- o It is also your responsibility that when
you finish or if you are out of the race early, that you return the IRC tracker back to us.
- o Failure to turn-in the equipment may be
sufficient cause to penalize, disqualify and/or cost you as much as $350.
- Once you enter the Main Pits and through the “scoring chute” and until you leave the pits the SPEED LIMIT IS 15 M.P.H.
- Awards will be held at the start/finish on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- REMINDER – THE JUNE 27-29, PURE “200” will start at 6 p.m. It will be a lap race. Number of laps
More details and last minute instructions will be given at the Mandatory Racer’s Meeting.
Good luck and hope to see many of you.