FRIENDLY REMAINDER FOR THE PURE 400…
Get your entry or entry deposit in no later than Thursday, Oct 24 by 6 p.m. to avoid a “Late Fee.”
Just as importantly, we will be drawing for starting positions for the Saturday race on Thursday at 8 p.m..
Why are we telling you this?:
- Because we are using a brand new format to start our races.
- We have cleared an area on our property (the starting chute) where we will line up UTVs side-by-side (pardon the pun) and start the race in a “Land Rush” format.
- The area is wide enough to hold about 20-SXSs across. If we have more than 20, those will go on the second row,
- The first number drawn will have the choice as to where to start--second, third and so on…
- It will be a “Dead Engine” start
- You will also be required to be strapped in and hold the ignition key outside
- Once the green flag drops you will need to:
- o Put your ignition key in
- o Start the engine
- o Put it in gear
- o And take off
- The starting area goes from a width of about 20 cars to a width of two cars and eventually one car.
- Both “200” milers will start the same way.
- Be sure to get your entry or entry deposit in before Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Remember pre-running only on Friday between Noon and Midnight.
- Tech on Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Racer’s meeting on Saturday at 7 a.m.
- First “stint” of 200 miles starts at 8 a.m. Sharp.
- Second “stint” starts at 3 p.m.
- Time limit: 5 hours or the first to complete four, 50-mile laps
- Course rating: 7.2 (1 = very slow // 10 = Freeway)
Let’s go racing…